2018 Downtown Block Party
Sat, Jun 23 at 5pm
- Tug of War
- Ping Pong
- Live Music
- Silent Disco
- Dj Competition
- Dueling Pianos
SATURDAY, JUNE 23RD, 2018 5-11 P.M.
The first Downtown Block Party in 2017 brought an estimated 30,000 on a Saturday night to Downtown Iowa City for community fun! For 2018, the event will be back on June 23rd from 5-11pm. This is the ulimate BLOCK PARTY for the entire community!
This is a all ages, welcome to everyone and anyone event that will include: Live Music stages, Sand Volleyball in the MIDDLE of a city street, Hatchet Throwing demostrations, Circus Fashion Show, Dj Competition, Silent Disco, Ping Pong, Giant Jenga, Four Square and SOOOO MUCH MORE!
How is this event different from other downtown Iowa City events?
This event is at night! The focus will be on the evening hours.
$10 (presale) or $11 at the event tickets will be purchased, this will buy you the official event wristband and cup that will allow you to walk around the event with beer or wine- ONLY guests with these materials (event wristband and cup) will be allowed to do so. Wristbands only need to be purchased if you are consuming alcohol.
The event will focus on our existing business economy.
The event will have a very open feel to the layout. Programming will be spread out to allow for a comfortable feel and relaxed crowd flow
SO what is all happening at this Block Party?
The idea is to have programming throughout the entire downtown area that appeals to anyone and everyone. All of the programming is FREE.
- 4:00-9pm on the street by 14 S Clinton St- DJ competition sponsored by Fleck Sales: Coors Light, Miller Lite, PBR, Laguintas, New Belgium and programmed by Gabe's
- 4:00-10pm on the street by 204 E Washington St- Sand Volleyball Tournament (Pre-registration is required)
- 4:30pm- Start selling wristband/koozies- Pre-sale can start picking up their materials at booths
- 6:00-11pm on the street by 21 S Dubuque St- Silent Disco sponsored by UICCU
- 5:00-6:15pm on the street by 28 S Linn St- Drag Show programmed by Studio 13
- 5:00-10pm on the street by 118 E Washington St- Dueling Pianos sponsored by Iowa City Area Association of Realtors and Hills Bank and Trust
- 5:00-11pm on the street by 112 S Linnt St.- Mini Golf
- 6:45-10pm on the street by 28 S Linn St- The Englert Theatre Live Music Stage sponsored by Fleck Sales: Coors Light, Miller Lite, PBR, Laguintas, New Belgium
- 8:00-10pm on thre street by 102 S Clinton St- Blu Collar Fashion Show and Circus Aerial Performers
- 10:00-11pm on the street by 204 E Washington St.- Tug of War Tournament (Pre-registration required)
A HUGE Shout out to our amazing 2018 Sponsors: FLECK SALES: Coors Light, MIller Lite, PBR, Laguintas, New Belgium, IMON communications, UICCU, Hills Bank & Trust, Performance Food Group, Iowa City Association of Realtors, and Thompson and Co Salon!