2019 Downtown Block Party
Sat, Jun 22 at 5pm
- Dueling Pianos
- Silent Disco
- 3 on 3 Basketball
- Sand Volleyball
- Ping Pong
- Outdoor Movie
- Live Music
SATURDAY, JUNE 22nd, 2019 5-11 P.M.
The 3rd annual summer Downtown Block Party returns for 2019 on June 22nd. For 2019, the event is expanding its offerings and footprint to takeover all of Clinton St! This is the ulimate BLOCK PARTY for the entire community!
This is a all ages, welcome to everyone and anyone event that will include: Live Music stages, Sand Volleyball in the MIDDLE of a city street, 3 on 3 Basketball, Fashion Show, Break Dancing Competition, Silent Disco, Ping Pong, Giant Jenga, Four Square and SOOOO MUCH MORE!
How is this event different from other downtown Iowa City events?
This event is at night! The focus will be on the evening hours.
$10 (presale) or $11 at the event tickets will be purchased, this will buy you the official event wristband and cup that will allow you to walk around the event with beer or wine- ONLY guests with these materials (event wristband and cup) will be allowed to do so. Wristbands only need to be purchased if you are consuming alcohol.
The event will focus on our existing business economy.
The event will have a very open feel to the layout. Programming will be spread out to allow for a comfortable feel and relaxed crowd flow
SO what is all happening at this Block Party?
The idea is to have programming throughout the entire downtown area that appeals to anyone and everyone. All of the programming is FREE.
- 4:00-10pm on Clinton ST- Sand Volleyball Tournament (Pre-registration is required)
- 4:30pm- Start selling wristband/cups- Pre-sale can start picking up their materials at booths
- 5:00-11pm on the street by 21 S Dubuque St- Silent Disco sponsored by UICCU
- 5-6pm on Linn St Stage- Senior Center performers
- 6-7pm on Linn St Stage- Break Dancing Competition
- 7-8pm on Linn St Stage- Drag Show programmed by Studio 13
- 5:00-10pm on the street by 118 E Washington St- Dueling Pianos sponsored by Iowa City Area Association of Realtors and Hills Bank and Trust
- 5:00-11pm on Washington St.- Mini Golf
- 5:00-10pm at the Weatherdance Fountain Stage- The Englert Theatre Live Music Stage sponsored by iBev: Coors Light, Miller Lite, PBR, Laguintas, New Belgium
- 8:00-9pm on Linn St Stage- Blu Collar Fashion Show
- 10:00-11pm on Clinton St- Tug of War Tournament (Pre-registration required)
- More programming to be announced soon!
Tickets can be purchased before the event online at the link below or in person the day of the event. Pre-sale tickets will be $10 and day-of tickets will be sold for $11. Tickets will buy you the official event wristband and cup that will allow you to walk around the event with ONLY wine and beer. ONLY guests with these materials (event wristband and cup) will be allowed to do so. Wristbands only need to be purchased if you are consuming alcohol.
During the event you can get your wristbands and cups at 7 stations throughout downtown for $11 (CASH ONLY).
A HUGE Shout out to our amazing 2019 Sponsors: iBev: Coors Light, MIller Lite, PBR, Laguintas, New Belgium, IMON communications, UICCU, Hills Bank & Trust, Iowa City Association of Realtors, and Thompson and Co Salon!