2019 Downtown Block Party
Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 5pm
- Dueling Pianos
- Silent Disco
- 3 on 3 Basketball
- Sand Volleyball
- Ping Pong
- Outdoor Movie
- Live Music
- Drag Show
- Roller Skating
- Interactive Public Art
- Family Friendly
SATURDAY, JUNE 22nd, 2019 5:00 - 11:00pm
The 3rd annual summer Downtown Block Party returns for 2019 on June 22nd. For 2019, the event is expanding its offerings and footprint to take over all of Clinton St! This is the ultimate BLOCK PARTY for the entire community!
This is an all ages, welcome to everyone and anyone event that will include: Live Music stages, Sand Volleyball in the MIDDLE of a city street, 3-on-3 Basketball, Fashion Show, Break Dancing Competition, Silent Disco, Ping Pong, Giant Jenga, Four Square and SOOOO MUCH MORE!
Tickets can be purchased before the event online at the link below or in person the day of the event. Pre-sale tickets will be $10 and day-of tickets will be sold for $11. Tickets will buy you the official event wristband and cup that will allow you to walk around the event with ONLY wine and beer. ONLY guests with these materials (event wristband and cup) will be allowed to do so. Wristbands only need to be purchased if you are consuming alcohol.
During the event, you can get your wristbands and cups at 7 stations throughout downtown for $11 (CASH ONLY).
How is this event different from other downtown Iowa City events?
This event is at night! The focus will be on evening hours.
$10 (presale) or $11 at the event tickets will be purchased, this will buy you the official event wristband and cup that will allow you to walk around the event with beer or wine- ONLY guests with these materials (event wristband and cup) will be allowed to do so. Wristbands only need to be purchased if you are consuming alcohol.
The event will focus on our existing business economy.
The event will have a very open feel to the layout. Programming will be spread out to allow for a comfortable feel and relaxed crowd flow
SO what is all happening at this Block Party?
The idea is to have programming throughout the entire downtown area that appeals to anyone and everyone. All of the programming is FREE.
- 2:00 – 3:00pm at Brothers – Free Yoga in the beer gareden (bring your own mat) programmed by Pedals & Poses
- 2:00 – 4:00pm at the Sand Volleyball Court on Clinton St. from Ewers to Airliner – Iowa Volleyball Camp Coaches hosts a free clinic – open to any and all
- 4:00 – 6:00pm on Linn St. Stage – Senior Center performers/programming (Reading Aloud, Salsa Dancing, Tempered Brass Ensemble, The Pomstastics) programmed by the Iowa City Senior Center
- 4:00 – 9:00pm on Clinton St. from Ewers to Airliner – Sand Volleyball Tournament (Pre-registration required – FULL)
- 4:00 – 11:00pm on Clinton St. from Yotopia to MidWestOne – Tennis Courts (Pre-registration required – REGISTER HERE!) programmed by the University of Iowa Recreational Services
- 4:00 – 11:00pm on Clinton St. – 3×3 Basketball Games (Pre-registration required – REGISTER HERE!)
- 4:00 – 11:00pm on Washington St. – Rollerskating Rink programmed by the Iowa City Parks and Recreation
- 4:00 – 11:00pm at Clinton St. from Pancheros to Tailgate – Beach Area programmed by the Iowa Children’s Museum
- 4:00 – 11:00pm on Linn St. – Yard Games (Ping-Pong, Four Square, Cornhole, Jenga)
- 4:30pm – Start selling wristband/cups – Pre-sale can start picking up their materials at booths
- 5:00 – 7:00pm outside of Benders Studio – Outdoor Yoga and Challenges programmed by Benders Studio
- 5:00 – 8:00pm on Iowa Ave. by Akar – UI Stanley Museum Interactive Public Art programmed by the University of Iowa Stanley Museum of Art
- 5:00 – 8:00pm in Black Hawk Mini Park – Generative Art Station programmed by Prompt Press
- 5:00 – 10:00pm on Washington St. by M.C. Ginsberg – Dueling Pianos sponsored by Iowa City Area Association of Realtors and Hills Bank and Trust Company
- 5:00 – 10:00pm at the Weatherdance Fountain Stage – The Englert Theatre Live Music Stagesponsored by iBev: Coors Light, Miller Lite, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Lagunitas, New Belgium, White Claw and programmed by The Englert Theatre
- 5:00 – 11:00pm on Dubuque St. from Raygun to St. Burch – Silent Disco sponsored by the University of Iowa Community Credit Union
- 6:00 – 7:00pm on Linn St. Stage – Break Dancing Competition
- 6:00 – 8:00pm in Iowa City Public Library – Open Video Game Play programmed by the Iowa City Public Library
- 7:00 – 8:00pm on Linn St. Stage – Drag Show programmed by Studio 13
- 7:30pm at MERGE – Global Poetry Slam programmed by Iowa City UNESCO of Literature
- 8:00 – 9:00pm on Linn St. Stage – Blu Collar Fashion Show programmed by Born Leaders United
- 8:30 – 9:30pm at the Iowa City Public Library – Jason Snell Art Workshop/Performance programmed by the Iowa City Public Library
- 8:00 – 11:00pm at The Center – Barn Dance programmed by the Iowa City Senior Center
- 9:00 – 11:00pm on Linn St. by The Record Collector – Grease the Movie programmed by FilmScene
- 10:00 – 11:00pm on Clinton St. from Ewers to Airliner- Tug-of-War Tournament (Pre-registration required – FULL)
A HUGE Shout out to our amazing 2019 Sponsors: iBev: Coors Light, Miller Lite, PBR, Lagunitas, New Belgium, White Claw, IMON communications, UICCU, Hills Bank & Trust, Iowa City Association of Realtors, Hatchet Jacks, and Thompson and Co. Salon!